Monday, November 30, 2015

However you choose to spend it, your time is valuable, and it’s yours to spend.

It goes without saying, that we're all going to shuffle off this mortal coil at some point. One of my very close friends recently lost her father, and that's not something anyone can carry well. Nic and I are no strangers to loss, and if it's reinforced one thing strongly with me, it's that time is short and you'd best make the most of it.

I've often voiced my personal opinion about working hours, but Eric's post here captures it beautifully (if a bit aggressively) and it's something I've hoped to inform all of the people I've had the pleasure of working with over the last few years (so far, my only opportunity to really get involved in the culture and politics of an organisation, while feeling as though it actually is my place to say this stuff).

The tagline above really sums up the critical bit. You've got one life, so spend it wisely.



No comments:

Post a Comment