Thursday, November 19, 2009

BT phone home

I'm rarely in a position where the effort of a large corporation surprises me. I've had situations with various companies in the past where I've been left thinking, "Is this really how you treat your customers? Is everyone going through the same pain and problems using your service? remind me again what I'm paying you for?"

Today, the big corporation finally bit back. BT have connected me up to the phone network in a little over a week from my first request, and a little over two days from where my ire was noticed. This is nearly a fortnight faster than the previous date I was given. To say I'm gobsmacked would be an understatement, and I'm thoroughly impressed with their customer service.

As a technically savvy bloke, I'm probably more aware than most of what's actually required to connect up a phone line and transfer a number around. At the end of the day though, I really shouldn't care - all I want is to be able to pick up my phone and hear a dial tone, and I can do that now.

Big thanks to David and Colin, and to the BT engineer who arrived on my doorstep at precisely 8am this morning. Good work, fellas.

1 comment:

  1. That's great, Tim! I can't say I think any differently about large corporations; I've been with sky for a while and thought sometimes inconsistent, their customer service is always great and they're always responsive. Besides a couple of occasions where I've had to hire out independent professionals, (www.telkev.co.uk was the last) they've been great and I'm glad you've had a similar experience with BT :)

    ReplyDelete